Luxurious accommodation, family friendly hospitality, and so much more...
Royal Tree Lodge is a 250-hectare private game reserve located twenty minutes from the iconic safari town of Maun, the gateway to the Okavango Delta. Our luxury lodge is situated on the banks of the Thamalakane River with an abundance of wildlife including giraffe, zebra, ostrich, eland, gemsbok, and kudu, as well as an extensive variety of birdlife.
Why you will love Royal Tree Lodge:
• This is the most comfortable and luxurious accommodation in Maun.
• Spend your first or last night of your safari holiday relaxing in a private reserve along the Thamalakane River.
• A small and intimate 12 room lodge with a choice of luxury safari-style tents or thatched chalets
• Only a 20-minute drive or 5-minute helicopter from Maun Airport.
• The reserve is Maun’s best wildlife and birdwatching sanctuary offering a range of guided and self-guided activities.
On foot, horseback, or relaxing at the spa...
However you choose to spend your time at Royal Tree Lodge, the decision is totally up to you. Whether you're booking your stay at the beginning or the end of your trip, make this part of your wild adventure. This private reserve offers you so much in terms of birdlife and wildlife, not to mention nature walks, game drives, horse riding safaris and so much more...
Activities for everyone.
There's so much to do while staying at Royal Tree Lodge. Enhance your experience with us by exploring the private reserve on foot, game vehicle, bike or horseback. A birdwatchers paradise and perfect for anyone wanting to get up close and personal with the wildlife in the area. From zebra to giraffe, kudu to the incredible trees and grasses, there's something special around every turn and bend. Jump on a mokoro in the Okavango Delta, book a cultural tour of the area and its surrounds. Or simply sit back, relax and enjoy the comfort of your private tented suite or chalet.All Experiences